CONSULTANT PROFILE – JEREMY SADLER
Jeremy is a very successful executive with a wide and deep knowledge of business and Information Technology systems. With his solid business understanding, in-depth technical skills and positive people management achievements, he offers a well rounded consultancy expertise while specialising in the field of Enterprise Architecture.
His wide ranging experience from architecture to CIO level management is supplemented with extensive Enterprise Architecture consultancy experience in Federal and State Government as well as finance, media, telecommunications, construction and utilities industries.
- C-level Business and Enterprise Architecture consulting
- Business outcome focused IT architecture and strategies
- Creative and highly effective management and leadership skills
- Delivers and communicates highly complex analysis in simple business oriented language
- Sound business acumen and ethics
- Excellent communication at all levels
- Wide industry and business knowledge and experience
- In-depth technical skills across all major domains
- Strategic thinking and planning
Just a sample of the key engagements over the last 11 years.
Group Architecture practice review and uplift of capabilities, introducing business architecture modelling and implementation of a leading-edge Enterprise Architecture Repository across the cluster
EA Digital Consulting and Architecture Practice Establishment
EA Practice review and uplift program, attached to two major transformation projects to support the Solution Architecture. Development of IT Architecture principles, Business, Application and Technology Architecture portfolios and training and mentoring of staff and delivering an EA governance process aligned with project methodology.
A key element of this engagement was to assist Marketing in defining a Digital Business and Technology Roadmap.
Director, Group Enterprise Architecture
Responsible for the improvement in Architectural Practice of the group team, made up of 5 architects. Specifically:
- Introduction of business capability modelling and business architecture roadmaps to all core business units.
- Information and business service anchor models to enhance “Information as an asset” IT strategic focus.
- Implementation of standard practices and artifacts utilising iServer as an architectural repository, analysis and publication tool.
- Key architectural support for core platform strategies, specifically: Digital, Integration and Business Intelligence platforms.
- Improved architecture practice maturity by implementing consistent minimum architecture requirements, application portfolio management and introduced information architecture.
Interim GM for Strategy & Architecture
Acting position during a critical period of change and practice establishment. This was at a time of great change in the new peak organization, including the recruitment of a new architecture team.
Reviewing and communicating the new ICT strategy, supporting recruitment and team setup and induction, while maintaining visibility of and providing architectural and strategic input across over 6 major programs in all agencies.
On leaving the new team was in place, with programs and projects handed over to the new architects. Also performed major strategic reviews such as convergence of IT and OT, a complete infrastructure overhaul and introduction of a transport wide customer centric focus aligning with the Opal card deployment.
IT Digital Strategy Consulting
Developed a 3-year IT Strategy for the new Graincorp Marketing Business Unit to support a major international transformation project to deliver a global trading system for three countries.
Detailed roadmaps supported by business and IT capability models and improvement plans were delivered
At the same time the small IT team was reviewed and remodeled to better support legacy systems while introducing the new core applications. A detailed review of solutions architecture was also done with specific advice provided for minor modification to improve outcomes in the integration area.
EA Five year Roadmap
Complete Enterprise Architecture review, to provide a high level roadmap for the Supply Chain and Planning to Handover area, which then expanded to cover all value chains and a 4.5 year roadmap, mapped to applications and capability improvements. This involved reviewing and estimating and planning some 200 projects in the pipeline to create the roadmap. The bulk of the work fed directly into the next funding request to the Federal Government in May/June 2012.
Hunter Water Corporation
As part of an Enterprise Architecture Foundation establishment project, to deliver:
- a Technology maturity review,
- a Technical Reference Model and
- an Infrastructure Roadmap
All fed feed into the longer term ICT strategy and transformation project and solution architecture. The work involved reviewing their current IT strategy and its alignment with the business strategy, identifying gaps by producing a business capability mode, and Application and Technology reference model with heat maps to highlight areas of concern. This resulted in a re-plan of their project portfolio to better support the major program.